As we get ready to regather this Sunday, May 17th, I wanted to share with you our Phased Regathering Plan and the guidelines that we are putting in place for worship.
As you can see from the chart above, we are moving into Phase 2. We will meet for worship only this week. We will continue to monitor the situation in our community and move to the next phase when appropriate.
If you do not feel comfortable attending the onsite service, we are continuing to provide online worship gatherings.
We encourage everyone who plans to regather with us to practice social distancing and proper safe health measures.
Here are a few added precautions by which we will operate in Phase 2:
- To help minimize potential close contact, we will only be using the front entrance to the sanctuary. All other entrances will be locked. We also ask that you please stay in the sanctuary. If you need it, the foyer bathroom will be open.
- As you enter the building, hand sanitizer will be available and will also be placed on every pew.
- The pews will be roped off to maintain proper distancing. Households may sit together, but everyone else is encouraged to sit at least 6 feet apart.
- If you are the first household or person to sit on a pew, please move all the way to the far end to help prevent close contact.
- Let’s just say hello to one another and wave without shaking hands.
- Instead of passing an offering plate, an usher will be at the front entrance to provide an opportunity for you to give your tithe and offering as you leave.
- The sanctuary and foyer bathroom will be cleaned and sanitized after each worship service.
- You are more than welcome and encouraged to wear a mask, gloves, or any other personal protection equipment to attend onsite service.
As I mentioned Sunday, if you have a fever, a cough or sore throat, shortness of breath, or have been in contact with anyone confirmed to have Covid-19 in the past 14 days, please stay at home and join us online!
Again, these measures are temporary as we phase in our gatherings. We want to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all.
We are excited to gather again, but please use caution or stay home if you feel uncomfortable. We all have different levels of concern moving forward, so let’s show love, patience, and understanding in the days to come.
We are praying for you!